United Way of the River Cities relies on Ambassadors to support workplace campaigns.
Businesses benefit when employees are ambassadors because:
- Employees receive leadership training
- Involvement with United Way enhances your company image because of your commitment to serving the community.
- The ambassador program increases your company's visibility, and develops and strengthens relationships.
Employees who serve as ambassadors benefit by:
- Developing leadership, sales, management and presentation skills.
- Enhancing communication, relationship building, problem solving, negotiation & team building skills.
- Making valuable business connections.
- Gaining insight into community needs and resources.
- Two full days of training in August.
- A one-hour meeting every other week September through November (should be no more than 10 meetings)
Each ambassador may have 5-9 accounts which each require:
- Contacting the company campaign coordinator and setting up a time for a campaign kick-off.
- Conducting the kick-off (typically a 10-20 minute presentation).
- Making follow-up calls.
- Maintaining notes on campaign progress and coordinator communications.
- Picking up materials, money, and pledge forms when the account’s campaign is over.
For more information on become an Ambassador, contact Matt Ward, Director of Development, at 304.523.8929, ext . 112.